Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Retro Video of the Week: "I Love It Loud" by KISS

I realized today that I haven't had a KISS video as a Retro Video of the Week, which is probably a sin in some religions.  To remedy this, I decided to go with "I Love It Loud" off of KISS's 1982 album Creatures of the Night.  The song was co-written by Gene Simmons and Vinnie Vincent.  This was the last video to feature the band in make-up.  It was also the last video to feature Ace Frehley, who would quit the band, only to be replaced by Vincent (who actually played most of the lead guitar parts on Creatures of the Night, even though Frehley is credited).  The video itself is a classic early '80s video, in which a teenage boy becomes hypnotized by the music and has to get up from the dinner table to watch the video.

No comments: