Friday, May 08, 2015

Hair Band Friday - 5/8/15

As if the news of Grooveshark's demise wasn't bad enough, my iPod -- which houses my catalog of over 1,000 hair band songs -- broke.  It won't reset.  It won't go into disk mode.  It won't do a damn thing except tell me to go to the Apple support website, which tells me to reset it or put it into disk mode.  The reason is relevant to Hair Band Friday is that, usually, I would post a playlist of the first 10 hair band songs to which I listened on a Friday on my iPod, without any repeated bands or songs that I had previously posted.  I would only rate the songs on my iPod that I included on HBF playlists.  Thus, I knew a song hadn't been on a playlist if it didn't have a rating, which ensured you would not hear duplicates.  Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Until I get my iPod fixed, I will just be using my Pandora Hair Band Friday station to come up with the ten songs for the HBF playlist.  I have no idea if the songs I post will have already been posted on a previous playlist.  For this, I sincerely apologize, although any song I post is awesome, so I suppose it doesn't matter if it was on a playlist two years ago.

Also, until I find a site that lets me post embedded playlists, I will have to just post YouTube videos of each song.  Obviously, to the extent there is an actual music video to a particular song, I will use that.  Otherwise, it will just be a sound recording that has been posted on YouTube, and you can make up your own video in your mind.  So, without further ado, here is the first list in this hopefully temporary format.

1.  "Rhythm of Love" by The Scorpions


2.  "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake


3.  "Best of Both Worlds" by Van Halen


4.  "Bop City" by Shotgun Messiah


5.  "Living the Hard Way" by Racer X


6.  "Mr. Scary" by Dokken


7.  "Speak" by Queensrÿche


8.  "18 and Life" by Skid Row


9.  "Everybody Loves Eileen" by Steelheart


10.  "No More Tears" by Ozzy Osbourne

No comments: