Monday, December 17, 2007

Watch the Insight Bowl at Rocks

For those of you IU fans in Chicago who will not be heading to Tempe for the Insight Bowl, George Manta (co-owner of Rocks and fellow IU alum, for those who don't know) wanted me to spread the word that Rocks will be showing the game. As an emotional and monetary support of Rocks, I wholeheartedly urge you to watch the game there, instead of, say, a Joe's or a Kirkwood (both of which will be packed and obnoxious).

But don't take it from me. Here is a message from George himself:

"What's up fellow IU Alums? Manta here, with a simple message. IU will be playing it's 13th game this season on New Year's Eve, that's December 31st. I know most everyone will have some sort of plan already for what they're doing that night, with some of you actually heading to Tempe for the game.

For those of us who won't be in actual attendance, or out of town for the holiday, I am offering up a venue to watch the game. It will be on the NFL Network, which most households don't get. It starts at 4:30pm CST, so you should be able to watch and still have plenty of time to go home and attend your respective New Year's parties.

So if you're in Chicago that day and want to watch IU play Oklahoma State in their first bowl game since before 99% of us went to school there, then come over to ROCKS. I'll be there working/watching. I just thought I would put it out there this early so you had plenty of time to plan. Thanks for your time. If I don't see before then, have a great holiday season, and a safe and Happy New Year. GO HOOSIERS!"


For those of you who don't know, Rocks is located at 1301 W. Schubert, which is one block south of Diversey, two blocks east of Southport and two blocks west of Racine.

No comments: