Thursday, October 30, 2008

Midwestern Eavesdropping - 10/30/08

Guy at a wedding: "Why is that 10 year old girl wearing combat boots?"
Girl: "Um, she's handicapped, and those are fake legs."
--Chicago, Ravenswood
Eavesdropper: The Floppy Burrito

Twentysomething female, discussing her lost media card from her phone: "I have an open hole where I once had a soul."
--Chicago, Rocks, Schubert & Lakewood
Eavesdropper: GMYH

Thirtysomething woman speaking conversationally: "Oh, I've seen laxatives in all forms."
--Chicago, North & Wieland

Eavesdropper: RobD

Twentysomething female: "I love Keith. Keith Richards. Who is Keith Richards?"
--Chicago, Rocks, Schubert & Lakewood
Eavesdropper: GMYH


A Venezuelan male: "Central American girls don't have the hooter factor."
--Chicago, Hi Tops, Lincoln & Montana
Eavesdropper: RDC

Guy, to girl getting married: "I hear Buddy Guy's going to be at your wedding."
Other girl: "No no. Buddy Holiday."
--Chicago, Rocks, Schubert & Lakewood
Eavesdropper: GMYH

Drunk IU tailgater to a Northwestern fan walking nearby: "Suck it, nerd burglar!"
--Bloomington, IN, tailgating fields
Eavesdroppers: Can Can, Schnelly

Despondent yuppie female on crowded train to dude: "Why do people get together? Why even have relationships?"
--Chicago, Brown Line train
Eavesdropper: GMYH

Guy is talking on phone to his mom outside a bar, pauses, puts phone down, and says: "I just said hi to my mom, and she said 'I just put some nuts in my mouth.'"
--Chicago, Rocks, Schubert & Lakewood
Eavesdroppers: Gregerson, Dancing Bear


Twentysomething guy tailgating: "I tell you what: it's hard to find mangos at four in the morning in Columbus, Indiana."
--Bloomington, IN, tailgating fields
Eavesdropper: GMYH

Thanks to all who contributed. When you overhear something hilariou, email it to gmyhblog@yahoo.com for inclusion in the next Midwestern Eavesdropping.

No comments: