Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thursday Texts

I'm sure by now everyone has had the chance to visit Texts From Last Night, a hilarious website where people submit text messages they have sent or received to be posted for the world to see.

I love TFLN, but none of the approximately ten text messages I have submitted to TFLN have been posted. And yes, the texts I submitted were just as sophomoric as everything else that gets posted. And, as an aside, I've never understood why the word isn't freshmanic. As a further aside, Freshmanic would be a good name for a movie about freshmen who are manic or maybe about a dude who bangs a lot of freshmen.

Anyway, this outright rejection has led me to create Thursday Texts for those of you who are rejected by TFLN.

Once every week or two on Thursday, I'm going to post hilarious text messages that I receive. They will be anonymous, identified only by their area code (like TFLN). I invite you to email hilarious texts that you send or receive to gmyhblog@yahoo.com, and I will post them accordingly. Just to be clear, unlike Midwestern Eavesdropping – which will not in any way be harmed by Thursday Texts – I won't be posting handles for people who submit the texts. It will just be the area code. For example:

773: Hi
312: You're a whore

Realizing that you may not feel comfortable with emailing your area code to a man who once dressed up as Ace Frehley and promptly blacked out, I also strongly encourage people to post texts as comments to the Thursday Text posts.

With that, here are the first submissions (and yes, I realize it's not Thursday, but chill out):

937: Nothing says Friday like the PBR and kamikaze shits at work
310: My Twin Anchors shits just made me hungry for lunch

765: RIP myles brand. Whatever.

773: Turns out Patrick Swayze can be put in a corner

989: Is it still road head if the car is in a ditch?

937: Pirates 6 outs away from 17 straight losing seasons! Why isn't espn covering this live?

919: Last nite ended in a huge blur in a random bar at noon

So, with that, feel free to post your own in the comments. I won't discriminate like TFLN, although I won't approve comments that include last names.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to ask...what prompted the move to a comment by approval only system?

GMYH said...

Jesus

Unknown said...

310 Area code? Where's that?