Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten: Things I Did This Weekend

I had a pretty decent weekend, so I'd like to share with you the top ten things I did:

10. Made a '70s rock playlist on iTunes.
If it rocked and it was released in the '70s and I own it, it's on the list, including, but certainly not limited to, Thin Lizzy, KISS, Zeppelin, Queen, Deep Purple, Boston, and the like. I figure it's important in case I want to give off the "I still party" vibe when I'm at work. Of course, there are 1,044 songs on the list, so I may need to pare the list down a little bit.

9. Watched most of the NFL draft.
I couldn't turn away.

8. Went to Rocks Friday night for dinner, where I had my first burger since February.
They still do wonderful things with ground beef.

7. Worked on my ventriloquism routine.
Woody should be ready for his big debut sometime within the next three to four years. What a cad!

6. Watched I Love You Man.
I thought it was a pretty funny movie, despite the fact that I hate Rush.

5. Watched the Blackhawks win a fantastic OT game and the Sox hit two HRs in the bottom of the 9th for their second walk-off win in a row on Saturday.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't really watch much hockey during the regular season, and I'm fine with that. But I will watch playoffs and enjoy them, especially when the Hawks blow a 3-1 lead, only to get a shorthanded goal with 14 seconds left in regulation to tie it, and then the overtime victory. And the Sox game was pretty sweet too. Maybe they'll start playing like a .500 team.

4. Played in a flag football game.
Technically that was Thursday night, but it was still pretty awesome, seeing as though I hadn't sprinted in about a year and the defenders underestimated my foot speed (as they often do). The result? 17 receptions for 321 yards and 6 TDs, or at least that's how I remember it. God, I miss football. On a related note, I am still sore.

3. Finished making a playlist for Daughter.
I bought Daughter a little speaker system for her crib. Don't freak out – there's no sub woofer or anything. It's actually made for cribs, and you hook up an mp3 player to it, and it shuts off after 15, 30, or 60 minutes, depending on how long I want Daughter to listen to hair band music.

2. Ate at the new Coney Island on Southport Sunday evening with Jester, Daugher, Tradd, and Kara.
A little taste of a Detroit tradition right here in Chicago (aside from the recent baseball bat attacks). I had a Coney dog and a Gyro, and I'm not ashamed.

1. Ate three DQ Blizzards in the course of two days, including two on Sunday.
Hey, it was buy one, get the second one for 25 cents. And no, the second one on Sunday wasn't bought at the same time as the first. I actually went to two separate DQs at two different times of day. I'm not sure that's any better than buying two for myself at once, but either way, it was a pretty fucking awesome Sunday.

No comments: