Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's One for the Dagger and Another One for the One You Believe

"What just happened there?" That's what I said as beer was being sprayed in my eye. As Patrick Kane skated toward Antii Niemi, I thought the puck was being accidentally cleared as a result of a bad shot. But there was that beer in my eye. No one on the ice knew what was going on. And then he dropped his gloves. He's only like 22, so who knows what he's thinking. Then he raised his fists, and everyone in the bar started going fucking crazy. More beer in the eyes. And then everyone in the bar started going crazy.

I had the misfortune of being in Dayton when the Sox won the World Series, and I wasn't 21 yet when the Bulls won their last one, so it was pretty fucking cool when I actually realized that Patrick Kane had just scored a goal that gave the Hawks their first Stanley Cup in 49 years. The place went nuts, as well it should have. Anyway, enough bullshit, here it is (one of the ten greatest songs of the 2000s):

1 comment:

GMYH said...

It may come as no surprise that it took me about 30 minutes to string this post together. Today was a treat.