Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten: Songs I Listened To Yesterday

Don't ever become a trapeze artist. Yesterday, I again worked straight through lunch. When I got home, my hands and the backs of my knees were too sore for me to think about writing. Then I watched the Sox lose in spectacular fashion. In sum, I forgot to do a Tuesday Top Ten yesterday, and I can't apologize enough.

Trapeze artistry also has a tendency to drain my creativity. This was the first list I came up with that I would be able to write in my limited available time. I listened to 110 songs while I was at work yesterday. Here are the top ten, in the order I heard them. Those songs available on Playlist.com are embedded below for your listening pleasure and the songs not available on Playlist.com have links to YouTube, so that you might have as awesome a day as I did.

10. "Fighting My Way Back" by Thin Lizzy
9. "Hard Luck Woman" by Kiss
8. "Taper Jean Girl" by Kings of Leon
7. "It's All Right" by The Impressions
6. "Texas Flood" by Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
5. "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5
4. "Hey Bulldog" by The Beatles
3. "Your Little Hoodrat Friend" by The Hold Steady
2. "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe
1. "Steppin' Out" by Cream

Honorable mention: "No Surrender" by Bruce Springsteen; "The Difference" by The Wallflowers; "Submission" by Sex Pistols; "Out Ta Get Me" by Guns N' Roses; "Next Girl" by The Black Keys; "Player's Ball" by OutKast; "Hits From the Bong" by Cypress Hill; "Gypsy Eyes" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience; "Animal" by Def Leppard; "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

Bob Terwilliger said...

Stunned No Surrender does not make the top 10, but classic Casba patrons greatly appreciate the inclusion of Hard Luck Woman.