Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Retro Video of the Week: "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" by Meat Loaf

In a rare epic, bombastic song with heavy use of the piano written by Jim Steinman, Meat Loaf had his first #1 song, the best-selling single of 1993, and a Grammy winning song with "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)."  The "that" in the title, of course, has been subject to debate and intrigue, but if you listen to the lyrics, there are six things he says he won't do:  forget how this chick feels right now (presumably sexually speaking), forgive himself if he doesn't bang this chick right now, bang any other chick better than he bangs this chick, stop dreaming of this chick, dump this chick, or screw around, neither sooner nor later.  If it was me, "that" would probably mean one thing:  felching.  Ladies, that's a deal breaker.

No comments: