Monday, November 30, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: 2015 Edition

I love winter beers.  That's why, last year, I decided to launch It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer -- a daily look at a different winter beer throughout December.  It would be crazy of me not to do it again this year, right?  That's right, little voice in my head who tells me to do whatever I want to do regardless of the consequences.

Beginning tomorrow, I will try my damnedest to drink a different winter beer each day in December, and I'll report back to you via this here blog with a non-technical description of each beer and the following information:
-Name
-Brewery
-Location
-ABV (if available)
-IBU (if available)
-"Good for drinking if" comment
-Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments)

I will do my best not to overlap with any of the beers I reviewed last year, although multiple breweries change up their winter ale recipe each year (Anchor comes to mind), so I might double up on those.  Here are the beers I had last year (listed alphabetically by brewery):
Anchor Our Special Ale
Anderson Valley  Winter Solstice
Batemans Rosey Nosey
Bell's Christmas Ale
Blue Moon Gingerbread Spiced Ale
Brasserie D'Achouffe N'Ice Chouffe
Breckenridge Christmas Ale
Brew Kettle Winter Warmer
Brooklyn Winter Ale
Brouwerij Huyghe Delirium Noël
Bruery 7 Swans-a-Swimming
Dark Horse 4 Elf
Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin
Goose Island Festivity Ale
Great Divide Hibernation Ale
Great Lakes Christmas Ale
He'brew Hanukkah, Chanukah
Hoppin' Frog Frosted Frog
Leinenkugel's Winter's Bite
MadTree Thundersnow
Magic Hat Starlit
Ommegang Adoration
Samuel Adams Winter Lager
Samuel Adams Old Fezziwig Ale
Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome
Southern Tier 2XMas
SweetWater Festive Ale
Ten Ninety Milk & Cookies
Two Brothers Peppermint Bark Porter
Victory Winter Cheers
West Sixth Christmas Ale

Like last year, I may not get a chance to post every day, so I may have a few "catch up" posts, where multiple beers are reviewed.  And, like last year, I will have a variety of local, regional, American, and international beers from breweries of all shapes and sizes.  When it comes to winter beers, I don't discriminate.  And remember, I hate hoppy beers, so don't be alarmed when I don't post about any "winter" IPAs, or other so-called winter beers that breweries run by putting to many hops in them.

No comments: