Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Retro Video of the Week: "Justify My Love" by Madonna

This Friday marks the 25th anniversary of the release of one of Madonna's most controversial songs:  "Justify My Love."  For those of us Gen Xers, we remember the song quite well because MTV banned the video for being too sexually explicit (even with nipples blurred out).  As a 13-year-old, I saw nothing wrong with it, and I still don't.

The controversy didn't hurt airplay, as the song became Madonna's ninth #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 and cracked the top 10 in a dozen other countries.  Just as much as I remember the sultry video itself, I remember SNL's parody of the video, featuring Wayne and Garth, so I am embedding that below as well.  Interesting tidbit:  "Justify My Love" was co-written and produced by Lenny Kravitz.


WAYNE'S WORLD SKETCH 1990 featuring Madonna by kervez

No comments: