Friday, October 13, 2017

Rocktober Hair Band Song #10: "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar

Yesterday was Diamond Dave, and today it's the Red Rocker, who turns 70 today.  Of course, we all know Sammy Hagar replaced David Lee Roth as the lead singer of Van Halen.  I'm not here to debate the relative merits of Van Halen vs. Van Hagar, so calm down -- both lead singers just happened to have birthdays three days apart.  Hagar, of course, had a great solo career (in addition to his stint as lead singer of Montrose) prior to joining Van Halen.  I'm going with one of his classics, "I Can't Drive 55," which hit #26 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1984.  I think anyone who has ever driven, maybe outside of people from Maine or Ohio, can relate to this song.  All I'm saying is that, if you're driving in the left lane on a highway in Maine or Ohio, don't be surprised if the car in front of you is going under the speed limit and is oblivious to the fact that he/she should move to the right lane to let you pass.  But I digress.  Here is the video.

No comments: