Friday, October 20, 2017

Rocktober Hair Band Song #15: "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard

Back in early August, upon the 30th anniversary of the release of the Hysteria album, "Pour Some Sugar On Me" was the Retro Video of the Week.  I'm not going to repeat everything I said in the post, so feel free to click on the link above if you want the whole story.  But know this:  "Pour Some Sugar On Me" is my favorite song ever made.  As I did in August, I'm giving you both videos. The original, UK-only video featured "demolition women" trying to knock down the house in which the band was playing the song in the living room. I think the point is that you can never destroy rock and roll. The band didn't like that video, so they recorded the later-released video, which featured scenes from their "in the round" concerts.

No comments: