Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Rocktober Hair Band Song #22: "Burn In Hell" by Twisted Sister

There will be no Tuesday Top Ten this week, as I will be spending the entire day applying costume latex to my naked, completely shorn body, transforming myself from a newly minted quadragenarian into the satyr my wife has always wanted me to be.  Fear not, my annual Halloween costume Tuesday Top Ten will be posted next week.

Halloween is always bittersweet.  On one hand, the spirit world is as close to the human world as it will get all year.  And, of course, there's the apples with razor blades in the middle given to unsuspecting kids.  On the other hand, it always marks the end of Rocktober.

But we ain't quite done rockin' just yet folks.  This Hair Band Rocktober has been a fun journey, and it ends with some more fun:  Twisted Sister's "Burn In Hell."  "Why is suffering fire-induced injuries for eternity fun, GMYH?"  I'm glad you asked, fair reader.  Setting aside the always jovial philosophical and factual debates regarding the existence of an afterlife or afterworld, "Burn In Hell" was featured in the 1985 cult hit Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  As Pee Wee tried to escape the movie lot security guards after (spoiler alert!) stealing his bike back, he interrupts Twisted Sister as they were shooting the video for this song.  The video -- which I'm pretty sure isn't official -- features scenes from the movie, and may offer several last-minute costume ideas if you're still looking to get out and trick or treat tonight.

With that, Hair Band Rocktober is over. My only regret is that October is not 365 days long.  Stay tuned tomorrow, as we start Frovember, a daily look at baseball's most impressive afros.  First up:  Oscar Gamble.

No comments: