Monday, March 24, 2008

New Book - Then We Came to the End

Despite what my sidebar may have led you to believe, I finished A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers more than a week ago. I sincerely apologizing for leading you to believe that I was currently reading it. Overall, I liked AHWOSG a lot. It's a memoir, but the kind of memoir where nothing really happens, but at the same time there is a lot going on, if that makes sense. The very end was a little strange, with a bitter rant riddled with four-letter words comprising the last page or so. It was very Christoff.

I have since started reading Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris, which came highly recommended from Jesterio. It's a first-person plural (i.e., "we"), based-on-a-true-story account of the post-internet-bust-era layoffs of a Chicago ad agency. So far it's pretty funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The premise of the new book sounds very familiar as well...