Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"What's That?"

Those were the words spoken to me by at least five people in my office when I asked if they wanted to participate in the office's NCAA Tournament bracket pool. They honestly had no idea what I was talking about. They looked at the brackets, then looked back up at me as if I had just handed them something in broken Sanskrit, looked back down at the brackets upon seeing the oblivious look on my face, then said something like "what do I do?" or "this looks complicated" or "I've never done this before." These are Midwesterners. I didn't know it was possible for someone in the Midwest over the age of three to have never participated in an NCAA Tournament pool, much less to have never even seen a bracket. I have to rethink some things.

Then on my way to work today some bird got in my face, so I punched it right in the beak. Suck on that, Audubon.

No comments: