Thursday, November 13, 2008

Midwestern Eavesdropping - 11/13/08

Waitress at Aragon Ballroom delivering beers: "That's seven dollar teen."
--Chicago, Aragon Ballroom, Lawrence & Broadway
Eavesdroppers: Dancing Bear & RDC


Man talking to himself, blocking people from getting up the escalators: "I was just a booty call?"
--Chicago, Clark & Lake Blue Line station
Eavesdropper: 1/2 Pint


Fourth grade teacher: "I wish I knew how to alphabetize. Dammit!"
--Chicago, a Chicago Public School
Eavesdropper: AlyK


Thirty- or fortysomething guy overly impressed with himself, in line to get into Obama rally: "Yeah, I met Joe Louis when I was a baby."
--Chicago, somewhere on Columbus between Congress and Balbo
Eavesdropper: The Loose-Lipped Lithuanian


Two teenagers discussing voting when they become of age:
Boy: "I don't know if I'm going to vote."
Girl (screaming and hitting the boy): "You're lower class. You HAVE to vote!"
--Chicago, Clark & Lake Blue Line station
Eavesdropper: 1/2 Pint


Middle-aged man leaving a voicemail an excessive number of outros: "I'll give ya a call when I find out. Alright. Take Care. Talk to you later. Love you. Bye."
--Indianapolis, McDonald's on Northwest side
Eavesdropper: Shrock Star


Thanks to all who contributed. For everyone else, shape those ears up. When you overhear something funny, email it to gmyhblog@yahoo.com for inclusion in the next exciting installment of Midwestern Eavesdropping.

No comments: