Thursday, April 02, 2009

Queeeeeeeeef!

I don't know if any of you saw last night's South Park, but apparently Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been reading GMYH. This conclusion is undeniable, as last night's episode was all about queefing. I have long proposed bringing "queef" back into the mainstream lexicon (as it seemed to be in approximately 1989 or 1990, around the time I was in fifth or sixth grade). My hard work has clearly paid off.

I first suggested bringing "queef" back in September 2005 -- only about a month after I started this train wreck I call a blog. In this post, you will see the beginnings of Hair Band Friday, a delightful OC recap (God, I miss it), and a call to arms. Or, more appropriately, a call to queef. A footnote at the end of the post stated, with authority:

I am going to try to bring the word "queef" back to the common usage it enjoyed in its heyday of the late 1980s. The wife and I were having your standard pillow talk last night and we started talking about how we never hear anyone use "queef" anymore. Both of us thought it was a damn shame. Such a great word for such a rare, but utterly vile, deed. Queef!

But the call didn't end there. No no. I have remained vigilant in my queef quest.

On Boxing Day in 2006, I noted that, despite the contention that "the possibilities are endless," Wendy's gift certificates unfortunately could probably not be used to make "the word 'queef' a part of everyday vernacular in the English language."

Last Memorial Day and the Memorial Day before, Christoff and I engaged in extensive discussions about queefing, both of which I chronicled in order to bring publicity to the struggles of living in a world where people don't say "queef" as often as I want them to.

One of my New Years Resolutions for 2009 -- The Year of Feelin' Fine™ -- was to bring back "queef." On January 16 of this year, I brought well-deserved attention to a heavy metal band with the greatest of names: Angel Queef. And as recently as February 23, I implored Catholics around the world to give up not using the term "queef" at least twice a day for Lent.

The culmination of all of my efforts has clearly been recognized by Hollywood. Needless to say, you're welcome. Oh, and Phht! Or, Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

On an entirely unrelated note, today would have been my grandpa's 100th birthday. RIP, Basil. I'm sure you would have been proud of what I'm doing here. He liked funny words.

1 comment:

stan said...

he was just standing there. he hadn't done anything wrong. its so confusing