Thursday, May 07, 2009

This is Why You're Fat

Americans are gluttons. It's a fact. Hell, on two separate occasions this week I ingested close to five pounds of beef, pork, lamb, chicken, and bacon. Last night I almost puked because I was so full. I could barely muscle down three strawberries and a cup of yogurt this morning because I was still full (and still burping up garlic filet). My kidneys still aren't 100%. But hey, that's what America's all about -- overindulgence to the point of physical discomfort. As one of the guys I went with last night said, "What's that they say about insanity? Insanity is doing the same thing the same way every time and expecting different results." By that definition (and several clinical definitions), I'm insane. On a related note, if you're ever thinking about going to Fogo de Chão twice in the same week, I beg you to talk to me so that you can hear my story.

I know what your thinking: "GMYH, what's this all about? Is this going somewhere? And why haven't there been any thinly veiled Bon Jovi references yet?" Well, Tommy, this is going somewhere. You see, last night, as I was starring in Fogo de Chão 2: The Revenge of Picanha, I received an email from loyal (?) GMYH reader Matt "Don't Call Me Tim or Tom or, for that matter, Jim or Jom" Eckerle with a link to the following website: This is Why You're Fat. It features various gastronomic delicacies (and cardiovascular nightmares). Indeed, it is food like this that is why we Americans are fat.

No comments: