Monday, May 18, 2009

Who Cares About Jon and Kate?

I'd be lying to you if I said I've never seen an episode of "Jon & Kate Plus Eight." I find it to be occasionally funny, slightly terrifying, and otherwise benign. It's not a show I would go out of my way to watch, and I've always felt Kate comes across as sort of a bitch. I never had any idea that the parents on the show, Jon and Kate Gosselin, were big enough celebrities to merit a whirlwind of press coverage for both allegedly having affairs. Seriously, every damn magazine in the supermarket check-out lane has a picture of a woman with eternal bed head on the cover.

If Jon wants to hang out with a 23-year-old rather than a woman who looks like she has a cockatiel on her head, then so be it. And if a woman with a cockatiel on her head wants to hang out with a bodyguard rather than her husband, then so be it. Personally, I don't give a shit if Jon and Kate are not having sex with Kate and Jon, respectively. What I do give a shit about is having to hear about it and having to see that woman's hair when I'm buying groceries. Seriously, it's like a sideways version of the Flock of Seagulls hair, but with more anger and less presence in the 1980s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hair is not nearly as angry as M Hasbrook's