Thursday, October 05, 2023

Rocktober '10s Song #4: "I Dare You" by The Regrettes (2019)

Our next song is from LA-based band The Regrettes.  The band was formed in the mid teens, and they play a pleasant combination of punk, garage rock, and garage pop.  They have released three studio albums -- 2017's Feel Your Feelings Fool!, 2019's How Do You Love, and last year's Further Joy -- and you can tell their influences are eclectic, from the riot grrrl bands to '60s pop to power pop, among others.

I'm going with "I Dare You" off of How Do You Love?  For me, it's kind of fun to hear more recent bands that are influenced by bands from the early 2000s, and "I Dare You" has some pretty overt Strokes influences.  And right after I wrote that last sentence, I realized the song was co-written by Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas, so there you go.  It's a catchy garage pop rocker that makes you wanna tap your toes.  And the video is fun too.

No comments: