Sunday, October 01, 2023

Rocktober is Upon Us!

Here we are again, starting the best month of the year, and at 80 degrees no less!  It's time for Rocktober, and we are in the sixth and final year of my six-year plan of the Rocktober Decade Countdown.  This year, we be looking at -- and more importantly, listening to -- the rock and roll of the teens.  

The 2010s were full of changes for me.  At the beginning of the decade, I had been a father for mere weeks.  By the time the decade ended, I was a father of three kids in grade school, and we were mere months from a global pandemic.

Musically, I don't yet know what to make of the 2010s.  It seemed like it was dominated by pop, teen pop, and hip hop, but that doesn't been there wasn't some good rock in there.  Indie rock was definitely still around, but there was also some solid metal, punk, garage rock, and more.

As I do every October, I'm gonna give you a daily dose of rock, at least on the weekdays.  There will be no repeated artists during the course of the month.  I'm going to try my best not to repeat songs that I have featured in prior Rocktobers or artists that I have featured in the previous years of the Rocktober Decade Countdown, but I make no promises.  As always, the week leading up to Halloween will feature songs with dark, evil, or macabre themes.  CoronaVinyl and Retro Video of the Week will be suspended during Rocktober, but Hair Band Friday will continue because Hair Band Friday never stops.  

As always, remember that this is Rocktober, so these will all be bands, artists, and songs that rock, even though they may not always be from genres or artists that you would consider "rocking" or "rockers."  There will be popular songs, songs that you may never had heard before, and maybe even some bands and artists you've never heard of.  Rest assured, though, everything will rock.

No comments: