Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Book - The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

I finished Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga by Ian Christe, and it was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. My main beef with it is that I thought Christe glossed over the production of the albums, especially the earlier albums. I was hoping for a more in-depth discussion of the story behind each song. The story of the band definitely supplemented what I already knew: Michael Anthony got screwed.

My next book is The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, which has come recommended by many, including, but not limited to, Bohmann, who is celebrating his 31st birthday today, undoubtedly by spraying his monkey with a garden hose from two feet away. "It is your birthday, Gregory. Do with me what you will. I deserve everything. I cannot fight you, Gregory, nor would I want to."


Books read in 2009:
The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis
Oh The Glory of It All by Sean Wilsey
I Hate New Music: The Classic Rock Manifesto by Dave Thompson
Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal by Ian Christe
Tearing Down the Wall of Sound: The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector by Mick Brown
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga by Ian Christe

No comments: