Saturday, July 31, 2010

Opening Day Starting Lineups

Sporcle -- the physically and psychosexually addictive online trivia site -- has started what I assume will be a 30-part series of quizzes on Opening Day starting lineups for MLB teams. For each team, you get 15 minutes to try to name every Opening Day starter from 1991 to 2010.

The reason I am now bringing this to your attention is because yesterday they put up the White Sox edition. I was amazed at how many people I had forgotten about. Not to be a spoiler, but Chris Sabo was a member of the White Sox? Apparently so. I got 152 out of 200, and missed some people I shouldn't have.

The other three teams they've put up so far are the Mariners (119 of 200), the Yankees (135 of 200), and the Red Sox (104 of 200). If it weren't for baseball cards and my inexplicably good memory (it's my curse, you know, in addition to the booze), I would not have remembered half of the players. There are some names that I pulled out of nowhere.

I challenge you to beat me, and I expect that you will.

No comments: