Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Book: Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman

I finished reading Clapton by Eric Clapton a couple weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. Clapton has had one of the more prolific careers in rock history, and has battled heroin addiction, alcoholism, and a scorching case of philandering. Clapton tells it pretty straight, and there's not much he held back. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of his post-mid-'70s stuff, so I was worried those portions of the book would be boring, but it was just the opposite. The second half of the book was better than the first. I would definitely recommend this to any rock fan and certainly any Clapton fan.

Since then, I have started rereading Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman, who is one of my favorite authors. I read the book about five years ago. It's basically an entire book about why hair bands and metal bands are important. As you might imagine, I like it.

Books read in 2011:
Life by Keith Richards
Delta Blues: The Life and Times of the Mississippi Masters Who Revolutionized American Music by Ted Gioia
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The Devil We Know: Dealing With the New Iranian Superpower by Robert Baer
Riders on the Storm: My Life with Jim Morrison and The Doors by John Densmore
The Butcher: Anatomy of a Mafia Psychopath by Philip Carlo
Runaway Dream: Born to Run and Bruce Springsteen's American Vision by Louis P. Masur
Clapton by Eric Clapton

No comments: