Monday, July 25, 2011

New Book: My Billion Year Contract: Memoir of a Former Scientologist by Nancy Many

I finished re-reading Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman. Like I said before, it's basically an entire book about why hair bands and metal bands are important, not that I needed convincing. I thoroughly enjoy Klosterman's writing style (he's one of my favorite authors), and I highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys hair bands and/or metal. If Hair Band Friday were to have an unofficial handbook, this would probably be it, along with the Plan B instructions.

I just started reading My Billion Year Contract: Memoir of a Former Scientologist by Nancy Many. I tend to think organized religion can lend itself to charlatanism (if that's a word), and uber-religious people scare the shit out of me, no matter the belief system. From the little I currently know about Scientology, I assume I am in for a good ride, given the volcanoes and aliens.

Books read in 2011:
Life by Keith Richards
Delta Blues: The Life and Times of the Mississippi Masters Who Revolutionized American Music by Ted Gioia
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The Devil We Know: Dealing With the New Iranian Superpower by Robert Baer
Riders on the Storm: My Life with Jim Morrison and The Doors by John Densmore
The Butcher: Anatomy of a Mafia Psychopath by Philip Carlo
Runaway Dream: Born to Run and Bruce Springsteen's American Vision by Louis P. Masur
Clapton by Eric Clapton
Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman

1 comment:

The Weez said...

Sounds like a stressful read...let me know if you need an audit or touch-assist afterwards. Stay on The Bridge!