Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update on A.J. Moye

Back in November, I relayed the story that former IU basketball player (and probably my favorite IU player ever) A.J. Moye suffered a stroke after he collided with a teammate at practice in Germany. Thanks to Holt for sending me a link to an article about Moye's recovery. On the bright side, Moye has almost fully recovered physically. Unfortunately, the stroke has ended his playing career because there is too much risk. In the article, Moye opens up about his difficult childhood and resultant drive to escape through basketball. He also discusses why he went to IU. Here is one of the better quotes from the article for several reasons:

"Bob Huggins told me, 'You don't have to go to class.' Henry Bibby told me, 'You don't have to go to class.' Coach Knight was like, 'Hey, you've got to go to class. You've got to work hard.'"

Whatever the future holds for A.J. Moye, I wish him the best of luck, as I'm sure every IU fan does. His passion and will to succeed are unmatched, so I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever he ends up doing. As I've told him before, keep on keepin' on.

No comments: