Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Retro Video of the Week: "Cannonball" by The Breeders

Growing up, I didn't have cable, so whenever I went over to a friend's house or babysat, I mostly watched MTV.  Of course, there were other non-cable music video programs, like Friday Night Videos and another one that seemed to be on after school a lot, the name of which escapes me.  Anywho, since MTV has turned its focus from music to degos and pregnant teenagers, the music video seems to have lost some of its luster.  I think that's bullshit.  Thus, each week, I will be celebrating the golden age of music videos – from MTV's founding in 1981 to 2000, when I graduated from college and MTV really started moving away from videos – by posting a video from that time range.  I won't necessarily be commenting on every video, but I may now and then.  Here's the first one, "Cannonball" by The Breeders, which I watched last week for some reason and remembered how awesome of a song it is.  I also remember thinking the Deal sisters were probably hot, but I could never totally be sure because the camera is never on one shot long enough.

No comments: