Thursday, October 23, 2014

New Book: 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King

I finished reading White Line Fever: The Autobiography by Lemmy Kilmister with Janiss Garza several months ago, and it was a pretty good read.  It was definitely in Lemmy's voice, which made it pretty entertaining.  The man has lived a hell of a life, and has done about every drug imaginable, as well as thousands of women.  If you like rock and roll, and want to read the story of a true original who has rocked for over 40 years, then I definitely recommend it.  Of course, if you are a Motörhead fan, then it goes without saying that you should read this.


After I finished that, I took some time off from reading to get beaten down every day on the train while playing Blackjack on my Blackjack app.  Even though it's fake money, it's pretty fucking annoying when the dealer hits 21 five times in a row, again.  Finally, a couple weeks ago, I realized that I should probably start reading on the train again, for my own sanity.  I love horror movies, and growing up, I used to read a lot of Stephen King books, since his book formed the basis for many of the horror movies that I watched and enjoyed.  One book (and both of the related TV miniseries) that escaped my grasp was 'Salem's Lot.  This being the season of spookiness, I decided to buy a few Stephen King paperbacks, starting with that one.  I started reading it last week, and so far, I have not woken up in the middle of the night screaming and soaked in my own piss, at least not from the book.

Books read in 2014:
Bruce by Peter Ames Carlin
Any Questions?: The Complete Art Brut 2003-2013 by Eddie Argos
Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
White Line Fever: The Autobiography by Lemmy Kilmister with Janiss Garza

No comments: