Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Rocktober Deep Cut U: "Mother Mary" by UFO

For "U," you probably thought I was going to go with U2.  Well, I'm not a huge fan of U2, and frankly, I don't know enough of their non-popular songs to reliably give you a deep cut.  Uriah Heep was another option, but I also don't know more than a handful of their songs.  So, that pretty much left me with British hard rockers UFO, who, if you've ever watched That Metal Show, you know is co-host Eddie Trunk's favorite band.  They weren't hugely popular outside of hard rock and metal circles, although you have likely heard their song "Lights Out" now and then on classic rock radio.

I decided to go with "Mother Mary" off of the band's 1975 Force It album.  It's an awesome hard rock song, with some fantastic guitar work by Michael Schenker.  I have to get home to eat some cake, so unfortunately I don't have time to say much more, but enjoy and definitely check this band out if you haven't already.

No comments: