Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Land Ho!

I just came across this article on Yahoo entitled, "Pregnant Skydiver Survives Face-First Fall," and I obviously had to read it. My favorite quote from the lovely lady: "To hit the ground belly first — that's dangerous. I mean at any stage of pregnancy that's dangerous. That's not something you want to do let alone at 50 miles per hour." No shit? Somehow the fetus is healthy, although I can only assume that he/she will be born with an innate, paralyzing fear of heights, anterograde amnesia (see Leonard Shelby in Memento), and, if it's a boy, one of the greatest box-pulling stories of all-time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"box-pulling"

Is the meaning of that phase as filthy and offensive as I think it is? Nice.

GMYH said...

It means exactly what you think it means.
Skydiving Fetus: "Yeah, I mean life's a struggle. Take me, for instance. When I was a fetus, my mom went skydiving and her chute didn't open. She hit the ground stomach first. She didn't even know she was pregnant. I was lucky just to have been born, much less to have the opportunity to be talking to someone as pretty as you."
Pretty much any drunk coed: "Oh, you poor thing. You're so brave."

And then comes the love makin'.

Anonymous said...

Oh. That's not what I meant at all. I just figured you meant it was a story he could tell his coworkers at the UPS distribution depot.

Boy, you have a filthy mind. You kiss your wife's sister with that mouth?