Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Age of Profanity?

According to an AP-Ipsos poll, you better fucking believe it. Shit, just writing that feels better than an 11-year-old Vietnamese bitch's asshole. Too far?*

*The answer of course is "yes." Way too far. I blame the media -- more specifically, cable television -- for allowing characters on TV shows to say things like "asshole" and "bitch." But at the same time, I blame network TV shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, and 20/20 for constantly touting the danger and excitement of transcontinental pedophilia. Oh, and I blame rap music for using profanity and objectifying women. And I also blame John Hughes for promoting the idea that "you can never go too far." No matter what, it's not my fault for saying something like that -- nor will it ever be, so long as we continue to allow First Amendment protection for things like television, film, and music.

No comments: