Thursday, March 30, 2006

Some Hilarious Blogs

Thanks to the investigative prowess of my wife Jester and our friend "InvestiKate" Rohrer, my eyes have been opened to four new blogs that were good enough that I simply couldn't wait to share them with my loyal GMYH readers. Each of them is great because each involves readers (everyday people like you and me) submitting things. I linked them in my "Other Blogs" link section on the right, so that you can access them at any time. Anywho, here is a description of each one:

Overheard in New York
As the name implies, this is all about random conversations that people overhear in New York City. I was thinking about starting an Overheard in Dayton blog, but I've never heard anyone here say anything remotely funny or non-Buckeye related. Anyway, here are some of my favorites from NYC:

Drunk girl: Sometimes, when I look at myself through the microscope of cold, hard objectivity, I think to myself, "God, you are awesome!"
--47th & 9th

Guy: I mean, eating your own cum is one thing, but eating it on a pizza four hours later? I should probably keep my voice down...
--43rd & 8th

Teen girl #1: You know what I think the worst smell would be? Dirty diapers with rotting flesh wrapped in rubber; all set on fire.
Teen girl #2: What about sulfur, too?
Teen girl #1: Well, sulfur usually comes along with the burning anyway. And you know, that all might smell so bad that it smells good...
Teen girl #2: Yeah, you should tell Dartmouth that when you interview there.
--81st & CPW

Overheard in the Office
Like Overheard in New York, but as you may have been able to surmise, this one involves conversations overheard in the office. It's nice because just about anyone can submit something to this one, so keep your ears open. Here are some good ones:

Boss: Can I see your boobs today?
Underling: Now would be a good time to put in my two weeks.
950 Eller DriveFort Lauderdale, Florida

Worker #1: Check it out, [Brad]'s actually being useful!
Worker #2: I don't believe it. And I'm not even going to look because I refuse to look at things that I know are lies.
740 Dundas Street East Toronto, Ontario Canada

Project manager: Thanks, [Craig].
Art director: You mean [Jose]? He's [Craig].
Project manager: I mean [Jose]. Sorry, I got you mixed up since you're both wearing yellow shirts.
Art director: My shirt isn't yellow. Neither is [Craig's].

Found Magazine
This site features items (usually photos or notes) that people randomly find. For instance, a dollar bill on which someone had scrawled, "TO MR. ATTITUDE: WE'LL BE BACK!" and the comment about it says, "Money for sex is nothing new, but there's something great about giving cash to someone you're about to beat up." Another good one was a note found in the bushes near some Army barracks that said nothing but, "I'm wearing women's underwear."

PostSecret
This is an interesting little site, where people can anonymously send in handmade postcards that tell their dirty little secrets. Quite therapeutic I'm sure. I'll give a couple examples: "Whenever you go out of town, your boyfriend tries to fuck me. Sometimes I let him."; "I have a very high-profile and prestigious job and I am a heroin addict (and nobody knows)."; or "I steal money from the non profit charity I volunteer." Then there was an email submission that said, "I willingly withheld the greatest discovery in mathematics from the world...It is the solution to the Riemann Hypothesis...The Riemann Hypothesis is false. The prime number 2^13466971-1 is off the critical line." I don't get it, but it seems important, or maybe complete bullshit, since everyone knows the Riemann Hypothesis is a universal truth. Or so I would assume.

No comments: