Monday, April 24, 2006

Nothing Much

Well, most of my weekend was spent packing, which is awesome. Moving is fun. Here's some random nonsense:

  • Friday night, several of us went to Kramer's, which is an awesome bar that serves 40s and the best pizza in Dayton. After gorging ourselves, we trekked to the Oregon Express (aka, The OE), a delightful bar in the Oregon District (aka, The OD), where we all pussed out early in order to go to sleep. If you're ever in Dayton and you have the opportunity to see a band named Spun, just go ahead and do yourself a favor by forgoing the $3 cover and going elsewhere. Alternatively, have someone box your ears.
  • Saturday night, several of my work peeps met at a co-worker's house for some drinks, and then we went to The OE, where we enjoyed the third best pizza in Dayton. Like Friday, everyone tapped out early, like Royce Gracie had us in a collective arm bar.
  • I had a dentist appointment this morning. No big deal. I've never feared the dentist, perhaps because I've never had a cavity. But that's neither here nor there. Today, while in the waiting room, I was looking for something to read, and all I could find was World magazine, which I have come to find out is a religious-based news magazine. Then, while I was getting my teeth cleaned, I noticed that the radio was playing Christian music throughout the office (it used to be your standard easy listening oldies). I'm not sure why that pissed me off so much, but it did. At least I won't have to worry about that in the largely godless Chicago, where I will be happy to hear "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" while in a dentist's chair.
  • I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the fact that the IU athletics website provides updates about the former IU football players playing in NFL Europe or the fact that I read every update with the excited anticipation of a virgin on prom night.

No comments: