Monday, May 15, 2006

Two Thumbs Up

You may or may not know that I have some messed up dreams from time to time. I don't know if it's from stress, eating something weird before I go to bed, or the mescaline, but my dreams range from the interestingly perverse to the inexplicably odd. Last night's dream fell somewhere in between.

Several of us were staying at a hotel that was a combination of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining and a McDonald's Indoor Playland. In one of the hotel's decadent lounges, I was playing a spirited game of Duck Duck Goose with Jester, Ari, Lizzie, this kid named Ricky that I went to grade school through high school with that I can't stand, and of course, Roger Ebert. For some reason, whenever it was Ebert's turn, he would make me the "goose." This wasn't a big deal, since it wasn't too hard to catch him. What pissed me off, though, is that I made Ricky the goose and I was totally out-running him when the rest of the crew said that he could cut through the middle, which he did, thus tagging me with ease.

I felt that it wasn't fair, so I decided to call it a night. I headed off to the lobby to go up to my room. But there were no stairs or elevators--just a maze of slides, plastic tubes, and random pits full of plastic balls, not unlike the now-defunct Discovery Zone. To make it more adult-friendly, there were also couches here and there.

It was at this point that the dream unfortunately ended. Needless to say, I am going to look into building a hotel amazingly similar to the one in my dream. I shall call it Heaven.

No comments: