Monday, May 12, 2008

New Book - Born Standing Up

This morning I finished reading The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis. It was pretty good. I didn't like it as much as the other Ellis books I've read (American Psycho, Glamorama, Lunar Park), but I still liked it. Rampant drug use, sex, suicide. Pretty standard. In classic Ellis form, it was in first-person, although told by various people, and, in classic Ellis form, it was unclear who was telling the truth or the whole story, with the book ending in mid-sentence. I assume that indicated that the world ended, as predicted by the name of the party at the beginning of the book.

I've now moved on to Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin. It's the story of an anonymous magician turned funnyman. Thanks to Australian Andrew for letting me borrow it.

No comments: