Sunday, June 15, 2008

GMYH All-Decade Songs - 1960s

Ahh, the '60s. Free love, the man in the black pajamas, LSD, and a whole lotta grass. The combination of all that managed to spawn what I consider by far the greatest decade of music ever (yes, Holt, even better than the 1890s). As you'll see, I have a lot more songs for the '60s than for the '50s (and I will for the '70s, '80s, '90s, and '00s, as well).

First Team
Happiness is a Warm Gun by The Beatles
Bring It On Home to Me by Sam Cooke
One Rainy Wish by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Be My Baby by The Ronettes
Heroin by The Velvet Underground

Second Team
The Weight by The Band
In My Life by The Beatles
When the Music's Over by The Doors
I've Got Dreams to Remember by Otis Redding
Soul and Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers

Third Team
Don't Worry Baby by The Beach Boys
And Your Bird Can Sing by The Beatles
Born on the Bayou by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Crimson & Clover by Tommy James and The Shondells
Tracks of My Tears by The Miracles

Honorable Mention
Do You Wanna Dance? by The Beach Boys
Piece of My Heart by Big Brother and The Holding Company
White Room by Cream
Gimme Some Lovin' by The Spencer Davis Group
Soul Kitchen by The Doors
This Magic Moment by The Drifters
Positively Fourth Street by Bob Dylan
Oh Well by Fleetwood Mac
If I Could Build My Whole World Around You by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Little Wing by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
It's All Right by The Impressions
I Want You Back by The Jackson Five
Come a Little Bit Closer by Jay and The Americans
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Darlene Love
In the Ghetto by Elvis Presley
Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley
Denise by Randy & The Rainbows
Good Lovin' by The Young Rascals
These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling by The Righteous Brothers
Runaway by Del Shannon
Baby It's You by The Shirelles
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Dusty Springfield
Incense and Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock
Where Did Our Love Go? by The Supremes
The Kids Are Alright by The Who

Mix tapes to follow.

No comments: