Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GMYH All-Decade Songs - 1970s

Bell bottoms, oil embargos, ducks who enjoy disco music, and the conception of the greatest blogger on this site. All of it was news in the 1970s. I think the '70s was the toughest decade for me, especially with so many different genres, from hard rock to heavy metal to proto-punk to punk to the beginnings of new wave to singer-songwriters to pop to soul to disco to the beginnings of rap to southern rock to glam to arena rock. So many songs I love from various genres without much separation in my mind. I tried my best, though (just a heads up, not all the titles are correct on Mixwit, so bear with it).

First Team
Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie
When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin (and no, I'm not just being a dick given the recent flooding; I love this fucking song)
Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen
Can't You Hear Me Knocking by The Rolling Stones
Baba O'Riley by The Who

Second Team
Let It Be by The Beatles
Anyday by Derek & The Dominos
Peace Frog by The Doors
Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye
Sweet Jane by The Velvet Underground

Third Team
War Pigs by Black Sabbath
Closer to Home (I'm Your Captain) by Grand Funk Railroad
Drift Away by Dobie Gray
Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen
Don't Believe a Word by Thin Lizzy

Honorable Mention
Lake Shore Drive by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
Blue Sky by The Allman Brothers Band
Sister Golden Hair by America
Without You by Badfinger
It Makes No Difference by The Band
Feel Flows by The Beach Boys
I've Got a Feeling by The Beatles
A National Acrobat by Black Sabbath
Just What I Needed by The Cars
Train in Vain by The Clash
I Need a Lover by John Cougar
Long As I Can See the Light by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Someday Never Comes by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Layla by Derek & The Dominos
Tightrope Ride by The Doors
Stay With Me by Faces
Ooh Child by The Five Stairsteps
Radar Love by Golden Earring
Rich Girl by Hall & Oates
What Is Life by George Harrison
Never Been Any Reason by Head East
Magic Man by Heart
Share the Land by The Guess Who
Funk #49 by James Gang
Boogie Shoes by KC & The Sunshine Band
Lola by The Kinks
Calling Dr. Love by Kiss
Strutter by Kiss
Out on the Tiles by Led Zeppelin
Instant Karma by John Lennon
Brandy by Looking Glass
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf
Here Comes My Girl by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Judy is a Punk by The Ramones
Today Your Love Tomorrow the World by The Ramones
Moonlight Mile by The Rolling Stones
Bodies by Sex Pistols
Pretty Vacant by Sex Pistols
You're So Vain by Carly Simon
Search and Destroy by The Stooges
Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang
Ballroom Blitz by Sweet
Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy
Fighting My Way Back by Thin Lizzy
Spill the Wine by War with Eric Burdon

No comments: