Friday, September 26, 2008

Unbelievable Catch

As a former star receiver myself (5 rec., 43 yds., 0 TD, 1 fumble lost, and somewhere around 800 missed blocks in 9 games as a starter on the 1995 Lyons Township varsity team -- yes, the very same 1995 Lyons Township football team that went 5-4 on its way to a third place finish in the West Suburban Silver Conference and a second straight playoff absence), I can always appreciate a phenomenal catch. Check out this clip of a Morgan State receiver (thanks to Mark "Not the Former IU Basketball Player" Johnson for the clip). Back in my playing day, I usually reserved this kind of effort for practice, as that was the only time the ball was thrown in my direction, since other teams were mostly double teaming me on account of the awesome catches I was making in practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a great catch that Marquise Walker had against Iowa in 2001. Video is poor, but the catch is outstanding...

http://wolverines.fandome.com/watch/1842/Marquise-Walker-Catch-vs-Iowa-2001/