Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick and Such

I have been interminably busy drinking Guinness, filling out brackets (I'm up to 162 now), rearranging my Go Bots tablecloth collection, sending boudoir pictures of myself to the Video Professor guy, dancing to support my family, and the like, so I haven't had the time to devote to Tuesday Top Tens or other in-depth self-psychoanalytic posts. It kills me just as much as it utterly fails to concern you.

I'm going off the grid for a few days, so I appreciate your patience. As you know, I hate to leave you fair readers empty handed, so here is a brief, completely incomplete recap of St. Patrick's Day Saturday:
  • Daughter did her first car bomb and then promptly passed out.
  • Jester bet Pete $20 that he couldn't do 10 car bombs. Pete owes Jester $20.
  • Pete bet me $1, with 10-1 odds, that Purdue would come back from a 37-11 halftime deficit to Minnesota. Pete owes me $1.
  • There was an impromptu mini Class of '96 reunion at Rocks, featuring the likes of me, Dave, Joe, Danny, Eileen, and Pat. Random, but pleasurable.
  • Goni, Tradd, Italian Phil, and I saw Township down at Reggie's Music Joint. They once again blew the doors off the place. You should definitely check them out. They are currently meandering through the Midwest on their way down to Austin for SXSW. I assure you, you will not be disappointed.
  • Goni left his credit card at Reggie's and then ordered chicken strips with a side of fettuccini alfredo at Golden Nugget at 2:30 a.m. I begrudingly paid for his meal after hysterically shouting "I, myself, cannot" in a Hannibal Lecter voice every time a woman walked past our table.
  • Clocks changed. I freaked out, and called the Video Professor, but he didn't have any tutorials on the subject, so I cut up a few worms and sent them to him via FedEx. I eagerly await his response.

Also, here are some links to check out during my absence:

  • Did you know that James Lipton wrote the Thundercats theme song? Thanks to Greg Weeser* for the link.
  • Also, here is a link for a phenomenally juxtaposed video of "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters over the Hot Sundae episode of Saved By The Bell (i.e., the one where Jessie takes amphetamines and becomes scared, thus blowing Hot Sundae's chance at superstardom). Thanks to Greg Weeser* for the link.
And a general thanks to Greg and all of you who troll the internet when I don't have time to do it. Keep the links comin'.

No comments: