Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Batmen and Robin

I've always thought I should have gone into advertising.  Now that Robin Ventura is the new manager of the White Sox, I feel like this can be the next great Sox ad campaign, following the likes of "Good Guys Wear Black," "Grinder Ball," and "All In."  You see, Kevin, it's a play on words.  Batman and Robin are a rather famous crime-fighting duo.  Baseball players use bats in the process of playing their sport.  The White Sox are a baseball team.  Hence, the members of the White Sox are "batmen."  Robin Ventura's first name is "Robin."  Hence, Batmen and Robin.  Robin Ventura will wear a mask over his eyes.  The players have bats.  It practically writes itself.  Except it doesn't.  Because I will write it.  So, White Sox, I will kindly allow you to use this ad campaign in exchange for a World Series title in 2012.  Or several hundred thousand dollars.  Or preferably both.

No comments: