Thursday, March 08, 2012

New Book: God, If You're Not Up There, I'm F*cked by Darrell Hammond


I finished No Regrets by Ace Frehley about a month ago, but I've been so busy that I haven't had time to write a review until now.  It was a quick read, definitely in Ace's voice, and a must-read for any Kiss fan.  There are a good number of barbs aimed at Gene Simmons, as you might expect, but it's nothing too harsh (or nothing that Gene hasn't been called before).

After that, I read A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz, which was a delightfully odd fictional first-person narrative by a man and his father about their lives, which were full of twists, turns, surprises, and weird adventures.  The first 30-40 pages were pretty slow, but it picked up after that.  It was pretty funny, and also very interesting.  After reading, I could not conceive of how it would be made into a movie, but I think a series on HBO or AMC would work.

I have since started reading God, If You're Not Up There, I'm F*cked by Darrell Hammond.  As you may know, Hammond was the longest-tenured cast member in Saturday Night Live history.  As you may not know, he was addicted to many substances and did several stints in rehab.  This one came highly recommended by Australian Andrew, and he hasn't disappointed in his recommendations thus far.


Books read in 2012:
A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz

No comments: