Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hot Sense of Humor

Despite Ferris Bueller's seminal comment that "you can never go too far," you never know how people are going to take things. Like say when you mercilessly satirize a random band because they bear the same name as a fake band from a 15-year-old episode of a TV show with which you're grossly and perversely obsessed.

You can imagine my anxiety when I checked the ol' GMYH email account this morning to find an email from Amos Caley. Yes, THE Amos "Q-Tip" Caley who is the lead singer of the Huntington, Indiana-based band Hot Sundae. I would have expected the email to start "hey asshole, prepare to be murdered," save for the fact that they are a Christian band. Regardless, I was still at least expecting a request to take the post down.

Needless to say, I was overwhelmingly relieved to receive the following email, which, I shit you not, is the verbatim email I received from none other than Amos "Q-Tip" Caley:

***********************************************************
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:05:00 -0400
From: "Amos Caley"
To: gmyhblog@yahoo.com
Subject: hilarious

Hey man,
you don't know me, but my name is Amos... better known as "Q-tip" :)

dude, jeff (amsterdam) and i just stumbled onto your site via a traffic tracker, and you're truly a gifted writer. the post was really well-done... i honestly laughed out loud!

we started the band as a joke, and it kinda turned into more than that, but we feel the same way about the name... we just like saved by the bell, so we stole it.

and if you know of any good wiccan clubs or jewish venues, we're there... minus kyle, who WAS actually killed by renegade menonites.

Amos
************************************************************

Amos, I'm glad to hear that you guys have a good sense of humor about it. And I'm especially glad that you named the band Hot Sundae because of your love for Saved By The Bell. I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Put your mind to it. Go for it. Get down and break a sweat. Rock and roooooll. You ain't seen nothing yet."

(And in case any of you loyal GMYH readers are wondering, yes, I did ask his permission to post the email.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious. you and your stories crack me up, andrew! and a big SHOUT OUT to HOT SUNDAE for having a sense of humor. i love it!!

--lynn--

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»