Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hi, I'm Peyton Manning, Happy Sweet Sixteen!

I don't know if any of you have seen this, but apparently Peyton Manning's dignity only costs $200,000. Granted, my dignity costs much less than that, but I don't make tens of millions dollars a year. If I did, you can better damn well believe that I would be sitting out the sweet sixteen party circuit, instead choosing to have sex with many supermodels at once and sitting on my couch watching Metal Mania and old NFL films. Unless he is paying Mastercard and Nextel for the privilege of endorsing them, then I think Manning should spend more time watching coffee shop workers get third-degree steam burns than being a puppet for hire. Thanks to Christoff for the link.

With the Big Ten Tournament approaching, for a limited time only, I have put I-L-L D-U-I shirts on the GMYH Café Press Store. These shirts honor, not only Rich McBride and Jamar Smith, but also tangentially the many other student-athletes at the University of Illinois who have been arrested for alcohol-related offenses, burglary, possession of stolen goods, and obstruction of justice in the past year. Special inspirational thanks go out to the IU student section for their "I-L-L D-U-I" call-and-response cheer and to Christoff for having his own I-L-L D-U-I shirt made at Strange Cargo. Much to my surprise, the top selling item is the Valley Sucks t-shirt. I guess there are a lot of people out there who also hate those stuck-up Valley bastards. I'm so glad Slater pinned Nedick to put them in their place.

In other news, I got my first George Washington silver dollar coin today -- as change at the Post Office (where else?) -- along with a Sacagawea gold (?) dollar coin. If the Susan B. Anthony dollar didn't work and the Sacagawea dollar didn't work, what the hell makes the US Treasury think the presidential dollar coins are going to be any different? Americans just don't want to deal with more coins than they have to. Granted, dollar coins would be more convenient at vending machines and automatic toll booths, but I'm struggling to come up with anywhere else -- certainly not strip clubs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, the rumor about Peyton is false. Maybe you can buy him for $300,000...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703080426