Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Trivia
Last night at trivia was another glorious night of trivia at Rocks. Russian To The Grave (comprised of me, Jester, Gregerson, and the Brothers Weeser*, minus Greg of course) eked out a one-point victory to earn 25% off of our tab. I'm growing more concerned as to why whenever there is an Erasure song in the name-that-tune round, the Weesers* immediately know it.

Clubber Lang
In other news, Gregerson was in a cab that got broadsided Monday night at Lincoln & Webster, leaving him with a broken nose and some blood-stained dollar bills. He looks like he went a few rounds with Jack Dempsey, or possibly The Gooch. My favorite part of the story is that the guy who broadsided his cab -- driving an Infiniti, mind you -- got out of his car and just took off down the street with blood dripping from his freshly wounded skull. This of course prompts four -- and only four -- possibilities: (1) he was hammered; (2) he was driving a stolen car; (3) he was carrying enough coke to kill Pete Doherty; or (4) he was Pete Doherty (which I suppose would be kind of an all of the above answer).

Reading
I finished reading The Dirt, which I highly recommend for anyone who likes the Crue or rock 'n' roll in general. I laughed, I cried, I accidentally killed the drummer from Hanoi Rocks. It was certainly a helluva ride.

In its stead, I have started reading Turn Off Your Mind: The Mystic Sixties and the Dark Side of the Age of Aquarius by Gary Lachman, fka Gary Valentine, one of the founding members of Blondie. It's okay so far. Needs more Manson.

Mine Goes to Eleven
Spinal Tap will be reuniting for the Live Earth concert on July 7. They will be playing in London (luckily not Cleveland). Smell the glove.

Oh, Rosie
So Rosie O'Donnell is leaving The View. Holy shit, who cares? Is it me, or does that beast think a little too highly of herself? Where's the Rosie that played the sassy Gina Barrisano in Beautiful Girls? You know, the Rosie who only spoke sparingly and had not yet ruined my image of the magical moment when two girls make out.

Too Much Rod Benson
Greg Weeser* sent me a link for a blog by Rod Benson, former Cal basketball player who is now in the NBDL. It's pretty good. I especially found the "Funny MySpace Messages" posts hilarious. At several points I was laughing out loud. Anyway, check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coddamn? Either swear, or don't. Although, I did enjoy his comments on the VaTech incident:

"...I was shocked to see what happened at Virginia Tech. It really sickens me that things like this happen. It sickens me more that the school would sent out a coddamn email as a warning. That is the single most retarded act in the history of warnings. Paul Revere did a better job on a coddamn horse by himself than the whole Virginia TECHNICAL University staff could."