- I went back to the LG Saturday after work.
- Saturday evening I ate dinner at Paul's Pizza & Hot Dog in Westchester, where I dined on the pictured "full beef and cheese on garlic." For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of going to Paul's, the beef and cheese on garlic is hands down the best Italian beef sandwich in Chicago and quite possibly the best overall sandwich in the history of mankind. Many of us have been going there for almost 15 years, and if you can find a better beef sandwich, I will kill Holt.
- Saturday night, we went to Palmer Place, which I heard was remodeled, but as far as I can tell all they did was slightly change the bar in the back room, close off a couple walls, and get automatic hand dryers in the bathrooms that are capable of ripping the flesh from your bones. Rumor has it that they got a license to sell hard alcohol as well, but I didn't see any evidence of that. All I noticed was that the beer menu was shorter than before. I fear what the future holds without Aas Jule. I only hope they hold onto Ayinger Jahrlavndert Bier and of course Windhoek Premium Lager, Namibia's most popular beer.
- Sunday morning Jesus Christ came back from the fucking dead. I know, I didn't believe it either. Then Simon Peter was all, "Dude, JC's not in his grave," and then we ran over there and all we saw were some burial cloths wadded up on the ground. And I was all, "Bro, that's so Jesus!" Mary Magdalene was freaking out because she hooked up with this random Roman dude Saturday night that she met at some wine-and-cheese happy hour thing in Jerusalem. JC was pretty cool with it, though. Hell, she thought he was dead. Thomas was kind of an ass about the whole resurrection thing. I mean, here's Jesus, just trying to hang out with us and finish up the album before the Ascension, and Thomas is all, "Yeah right, dude. What is this, Punk'd? If you're really Jesus, let me touch your wounds." JC was all, "Tom, it's me. I just came back to lay down some tracks before I have to go hang out with my dad for all of eternity. But if you seriously want to touch the still-gaping holes where some Roman soldiers drove SPIKES through my hands and stabbed me in the side -- if that's what it takes -- then go for it." No one really thought Thomas was really gonna do it, but then he totally put his grubby fingers INSIDE JC's wounds, both on his hands and sides! Jesus was totally wincing, and afterward was all, "See, jackass. Father dammit, that hurts! Anyone got any bactene? Lord knows where that disbelieving bastard's hands have been." Then he calmed down after he asked himself, "What would I do?" After that, everything was pretty cool. We kicked back a few brews, and totally jammed, just like when we used to be a real band before JC died. Even after being dead for a couple days he can play a better bass than Bartholomew.
- I purchased The Godfather: Blackhand Edition for the Wii. I played it for a little while last night, and it is pretty cool. The goal of the game is to work your way up in the Corleone family from street tough to mafia don. You can even customize what you look like and as you get higher up and get more money, you can buy new suits and such. I like the headbutting feature, especially when I'm trying to convince some store owner that he needs to buy my protection.
I got three new CDs on Saturday, so obviously they were my first three listens of the day. I like 'em all.
-Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob (which is on sale for $7.99 on Amazon, by the way)
-Kings of Leon - Because Of The Times (also on sale for $7.99 on Amazon)
-L.A. Guns - L.A. Guns (unsurprisingly $6.98 on Amazon, although I got it for a cool $5.99 at Circuit City)