Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What Else Can I Say?

The parade of apologies relating to Saturday night continues. Many apologies to Kurt's wife Courtney, whose name is apparently not spelled "Colleen." So now, in the relatively short time I have known her, I have done the following three things to gain her trust:
1. Last summer or early fall, I met her twin sister. After she told me that she was Kurt's sister-in-law, I said, "Oh yeah, I've met her before. Michelle, right?" You see, Michelle was Kurt's girlfriend in college (I think), and from what I now know, she is not thought very highly of by many of the people in Kurt's life, one of whom is his sister-in-law.
2. I thought it was a good idea for me and her husband to sing "Under Pressure" Saturday night at live band karaoke, such that I urged them to stay at Piece instead of leaving before we had sung.
3. I referred to her as Colleen during my recap of said "Under Pressure" performance.

Once again, I'm really sorry Constance.

Beer Fest
Anyone who went to IU knows that the combination of the words "beer" and "fest" in succession means one rip-roaring, vomit-inducing, pissing-all-over-your-shirt-in-the-parking-lot-after-you-grabbed-a-flimsy-pine-tree-branch-for-support-and-fell-flat-on-your-face-while-pissing hell of a time. It seems that Chicago is trying to catch up to Bloomington (whose Beer Fest is the largest in the Midwest, I believe), by having its own festival, Beer on the Pier. It all goes down Saturday May 5 at Navy Pier. For $37.50 (or $47.50 the day of) you get unlimited beer sampling for one of two four-hour sessions (either 12-4 or 6-10). There is preliminary talk of going to this, and I see no reason why not. Even though I don't know you, you should go too. I'll be the drunk guy singing Queen. Or David Bowie. Or both.

First Three Albums of the Day
-John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band-The Replacements - Let It Be-Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat (from Peel Slowly and See box set)

No comments: