Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm Scared

Well, it's official. It's been a long process, but I am now scared of nearly every single racial, ethnic, or other type minority. It all started with WWII, which made me afraid of Germans. The Cold War made me afraid of Russians and all people who countries were under control of the USSR, especially Armenians. That dude in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest who suffocates Jack Nicholson with a pillow and then chucks the drinking fountain through the window made me afraid of Native Americans. Béla Károlyi made me afraid of Romanians (and Rumanians), both mustached and otherwise. David Berkowitz made me afraid of Jews, even though I'm not even sure if he was Jewish. The Iran hostage crisis made me afraid of all Middle Eastern people. Polish jokes made me scared shitless of Poles. Grace Jones made me afraid of both blacks and women. A Polish Vampire in Burbank made me even more afraid of Poles, but also made me afraid of vampires, sluts, people from Burbank, and gay werewolves. The stand-up comedy of Paul Rodriguez made me afraid of Latinos. Crocodile Dundee II made me afraid of Australians. My Left Foot made me petrified of Irish people. Pennywise made me afraid of clowns. Black metal made me afraid of Scandinavians. Powder made me afraid of albinos and people who can bring deer back to life. Braveheart made me afraid of both the English and the Scottish and for some reason homosexuals (probably because I'm scared to associate with people who get chucked out of windows). The various conflicts in Bosnia (and Herzegovina), Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Kosovo made me afraid of any inhabitant of the former Yugoslavia. Tom Green made me afraid of, and concerned for, Canadians. Columbine made me afraid of affluent white suburban teenagers. Living with Alex Judson made me afraid of Bulgarians. George W. Bush made me afraid of Texans, even though I used to be one. Sanjaya's hair made me afraid of Indians and, just in case, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans too. And now Cho Seung-Hui's video has made afraid of all Asians. Yes Kevin, even you.

In fact, I think the only group of people that don't scare me are males who are half-Italian, with the other half being an unknowable, yet volatile, mixture of French, English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, and German. Actually, I'm kind of afraid of them too. And bees.

First Three Albums of the Day - Wednesday
-The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love-The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America-Johnny Cash - 16 Biggest Hits
First Three Albums of the Day - Thursday
-Various Artists - Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit-Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters-The Black Keys - Chulahoma

2 comments:

lynnie said...

you can't be scared of ALL asians. i'm not scary!!! well i can be! =)

i might need to borrow that johnny cash cd from you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes he can, and should be, scared of all Asians. We're one BAAAAAD race.