Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Book - I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski

Well, I finished No Country for Old Men, and it was pretty good. I'd like to see what the Coen brothers did with it. I hear that they were fairly faithful to the book. Plus I want to see Chigurh's cattlegun and the corresponding holes it makes. For some reason, I was expecting a twist at the end. Frankly, I felt like the build-up was better than the payoff. It was good nonetheless, and a pretty quick read.

Anywho, from a book that the Coen brothers turned into a movie to a book about a Coen brothers movie, tomorrow morning I will begin reading I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski: Life, The Big Lebowski, and What Have You by Bill Green, Ben Peskoe, Scott Shuffitt, and Will Russell. The authors are the founders of Lebowski Fest, which is finally coming to Chicago this year (of course on a weekend where I will be out of town -- fucking Nazis). Since The Big Lebowski is probably my favorite movie, I see no reason why I won't love this book. Mark it zero. Next frame.

No comments: