Saturday, January 24, 2009

Midwestern Eavesdropping - 1/24/09

This should have been posted on Thursday, except AT&T decided that it would be a good time to allow a circuit to malfunction, thus preventing any signal from entering my home.

Approximately twelve-year-old girl discussing the collarbone with a group of male and female friends: "It's what all guys find sexy about girls."
--Chicago, Jonquil Park, Sheffield & Wrightwood
Eavesdropper: GMYH


Fortysomething male at Hold Steady/Tom Morello concert: "I just love taking hits of acid. I love seeing that little rocket ship."
--Chicago, House of Blues
Eavesdropper: AlyK


Disgusted female, after seeing woman on TV with short hair: "Ooh. I hope she had cancer to get hair like that." [she did]
--Chicago, Seminary & Montana
Eavesdropper: GMYH


Woman on Metra train: "I got one of them lizard things."
Man: "A salamander?"
Woman: "No, a 'geico.'"
--Chicago area, Metra train
Eavedropper: Tron


Elementary school teacher: "I think a good vagina is an important part of every conversation."
Twentysomething lawyer: "But not the word."
Teacher: "No. No, the word is key."
--Chicago, Fireplace Inn, 1448 N. Wells
Eavesdropper: RobD


Female 1 at Hold Steady/Tom Morello concert: "I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of his work."
Female 2: "Who?"
Female 1: "Jesus."
--Chicago, House of Blues
Eavesdropper: GMYH


Bartender: "Here in Boston we are a bunch of assholes. You see Larry bird on the freeway with a flat tire you say, 'Hey Larry, I love what you did in the '80s. You have a flat tire? Well fuck you. I ain't stoppin'.'"
--Boston, Black Rose, 160 N. State St.
Eavesdropper: AlyK


Woman on the phone at work: "My chair just made me queef."
--Barrington, IL
Eavesdropper: Tron


Kid in Target: "Barry's wenis! I see Barry's wenis!"
--Chicago, Target, Elston & Logan
Eavedropper: GMYH


Former Lakers/Pistons guard Smush Parker, updating his tattoo situation for an L.A. TV station: "The latest is I got two naked women tattooed on the inside of my forearms. . . . I just love women. It's self explanatory."
Eavesdroppers: Tron and probably millions of others

Thanks to all who contributed, and when you overhear something hilarious, email it to gmyhblog@yahoo.com for inclusion in the next Midwestern Eavesdropping.

No comments: